This fantastic Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli is a take out inspired recipe that is great for any day of the week! Chicken is cooked in the air fryer and them mixed together with an easy sauce and fresh broccoli for the perfect “takeout” at home. Great on it’s own or served over rice.
Dinner in under 30 minutes is always a winner in my book. I also love anything that is mixed with broccoli! So this chicken and broccoli air fryer recipe quickly became a favorite around here. This meal is great for lunch, dinner or for meal prep for the week.
This is a pretty low carb type meals too with a lot of great flavor which is another reason I love this recipe.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli:
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- hoisin sauce
- minced ginger
- apple cider vinegar
- soy sauce
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Rice for serving
Ingredient amounts and entire recipe directions in recipe card below with print option!
Can I Use Other Cut Of Chicken For This Air Fryer Recipe?
You could also use boneless, skinless, chicken thighs for this recipe.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli For This Recipe Instead of Fresh?
You Sure can! Just make sure to thaw and heat the broccoli before mixing it with the chicken.
What Air Fryer Did You Use For This Recipe?
What Spice Are We Using For This Chicken Dish?
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder are the spices we’re using to season the chicken coating.
Now for the air fry “stir fry” sauce, we’re going to use a combination of hoisin sauce, minced ginger, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and a bit of honey.
How To Cook Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli:
Chop chicken into small bite-size pieces.
Chop Broccoli top into small bite-size pieces.
Add the cornstarch, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a gallon-sized storage bag and shake to mix to make coating.
Add chicken (in batches) to bag and shake to coat.
- Cooking Time:
Add coated chicken to your sprayed air fryer basket and then spray with oil. Now it’s time to air fry this chicken.
Cook until crispy and golden. About 12-15ish minutes.
Cook broccoli by adding the broccoli to a microwave-safe bowl, add 1 tablespoon of water and cover. Heat 3 minutes until slightly tender and bright green.
Make Sauce according to recipe below.
Once the chicken is cooked, add it to a large bowl with broccoli. Pour sauce over chicken mixture and toss gently until chicken and broccoli are fully coated.
This is great, served on its own or over rice.
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Healthy Low Carb Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Baked (Low Carb) Parmesan Cauli-Tots
Great Side Dishes to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftover in an airtight containers in the fridge for 3-4 days.
We love this with Jasmine rice but it’s also great with white rice or cauliflower rice.
Absolutely. The chicken for this recipe will cook in the air fryer in about 15-ish minutes.
You can, AFTER you cook the chicken if you want to crisp up the broccoli a little bit before mixing it with the cooked chicken. I would add in in at 390F for about 3 -5 minutes.
More Great Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
Air Fryer Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Rice for serving
- Cut the broccoli and chicken into small bite-size pieces. Keep separate.
- Add the cornstarch, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a gallon-sized storage bag and shake to mix.
- Gradually add the chicken to the bag of cornstarch, (in three groups) shaking after adding each group.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Add coated chicken to your sprayed air fryer basket and then spray with oil.
- Cook at 390°F for 12-15 minutes until crispy and golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the broccoli to a microwave-safe bowl, add 1 tablespoon of water and cover.
- Microwave for 3 minutes until slightly tender and bright green in color. Drain broccoli and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the hoisin, honey, ginger, vinegar, and soy sauce. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for 1 minute and then remove the fit from the heat. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add it to a mixing bowl with broccoli. Pour sauce over chicken mixture and toss gently until chicken and broccoli are fully coated.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seed
Love it? Pin it!