This homemade Texas Pete Buffalo sauce is so easy to make and comes out perfect every time! It’s great for tossing chicken wings, drizzling on pizzas, topping shredded chicken sandwiches and making dips!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
Texas Pete is amazing and so is this buffalo sauce!
This is my go-to buffalo sauce recipe now and I’ll take it over bottled buffalo sauce any day. We always have Texas Pete in the fridge because I love Texas Pete and Ketchup mixed for dipping fries / roasted potatoes, and we always have butter for my baking so this sauce is always easy to whip up.
Ways to use buffalo sauce:
- Wings – This buffalo hot sauce is perfect for making wings! I love making Air Fryer Hot Wings with this wing sauce
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Bites with White BBQ Sauce
- Buffalo Mac and Cheese
QUICK GLANCE AT INGREDIENTS for Homemade Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce:
- Texas Pete Hot Sauce – my favorite hot sauce.
- Butter – salted or unsalted will work. I haven’t tried this with margarine. The butter in this recipe helps thicken the sauce to help it stick to wings or whatever else you’re making with it.
(AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
How to Make Homemade Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce:
Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
Pour in the hot sauce in whisk until combined.
Bring mixture to a boil and then remove from heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
I haven’t tested this recipe with any other brand of hot sauce but it should work fine.
This butter helps to thicken the sauce as it cools and helps the sauce stick to the wings if you’re using it for wings. It also takes out just a tad of the “bite” from the hot sauce.
Yes! Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
More Sauce Recipes
- Homemade Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
- Parmesan Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Sweet Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Japanese White Sauce AKA Yum Yum Sauce
- Homemade Restaurant Ranch
Homemade Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add butter to a small sauce pan.
- Melt on medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, whisk in Texas Pete. Whisk until combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Let sauce cool
sauce it perfect for coating chicken wings or using in other recipes that call for buffalo sauce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Love the recipes that you’re finding here but worried about misplacing them? Sign up for my newsletter above for new recipes every week OR make sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest account so it’s always easy to find!