This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons can hold all kinds of treats for your wicked little witches and warlocks! These cauldrons are filled with brownie bites, icing and topped with a witches brew of bone and bubble sprinkles!
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
Printable Recipe At Bottom of Post
I’m so excited to share these Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons for #HalloweenTreatsWeek with y’all! They came out even better than I pictures in my head and I just think they are fantastic. What a perfect recipe to start off #HalloweenTreatsWeek this year!
I tired a few different techniques for making these Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons but this is what I found worked best for me:
What you need to make Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons:
- Brownies – Homemade Recipes – Pumpkin CheeseCake Brownies or my favorite brownie recipe
- Bone Sprinkles
- Green candy Pearls
- Black Candy Melts
- Green Decorating Icing
- White Pearl Dust
- Piping Bag
- Food Coloring
- 1 cup Measuring cup
I’ve got the printable recipe for y’all below but let me know you how to make these Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons!
Start by melting the black candy melts according to the package directions.
Spoon some of the melted black candy melts into a 1 cup measuring cup like the one pictures above. You don’t have to use a measuring up but I like the way this one molded and I thought it looks like a cauldron when it was done.
Make sure the entire inside is covered, turn the cup upside down and tap out the excess candy melts back into the candy melt bowl.
Place the measuring cup, right side up, in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until solid.
Carefully pop candy cauldron from measuring cup.
Next it’s time to add some “rust” to this witch cauldron. You’ll need orange and yellow. Or you can mix red and yellow together to make orange and then another bit of yellow on it’s own.
I also used some pearl luster dust to mix with it so it wouldn’t be so wet.
Just use a paper towel and dab it into the luster pearl dust and food colorings and blot it onto the sides of the cauldron.
NOTE – I found that all of the food coloring wouldn’t try so if you’re serving these at a party you may want to serve them on on a cupcake liner or or on a small plate, if they don’t dry all the way they may or may not add a bit of orange coloring to your fingers haha. Of course this didn’t bother us because we just washed our hands after eating them.
Once your witch cauldron has some rust on it, it’s time to add the handles. Just add a little bit of melted black candy melts to a piping bag and pipe a circle onto the side of the cauldron. Then add a dot to the top of the handle to make it look like the handle of a cauldron.
Hocus Pocus, it’s done!
Now fill it with whatever wonderful treats you want to fill it with.
For this post I filled it with brownies pieces and green icing.
Then I topped it with more witchy green icing and added some bone sprinkles and “green bubbles” to make sure the cauldron was filled with a great witch’s brew!
You could fill these Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons with things like:
- Homemade Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Eclair Dessert
- Chocolate Bark (You could make the bark looks like witches brew with green candy melts and bone sprinkles!)
- Ghost Snack Mix
Or you can fill it with brownies using one of these recipes:
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Can these be made in advance?
YES! I made these Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons and left two of them (unfilled) on the counter for a week to make sure they still looked good and they were perfect. Just fill them before serving.
Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Chocolate Candy Witch Cauldrons from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Fudge from Fake Ginger
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Potato Eyes from Pastry Chef Online
- Monster Munch Chex Party Mix from I am a Honey Bee
- Gluten Free Chocolate Monster Cookies from Frugal & Fit
- Caramel Sprinkle Baked Donuts from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly Popcorn Balls from Our Good Life
- Hocus Pocus Spell Book Brownies from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cake Pops from Jen Around the World
- Zombie Chocolate Donuts from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Black Cauldron Bubbly Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Boolicious Caramel Chocolate Covered Fruit from Everyday Eileen
- Jack-o-Lantern Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Blossoms from For the Love of Food
- Monster Marshmallows from Shockingly Delicious
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Back To My Southern Roots
- Mummy Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Sally’s Sugar Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Eyeball Thumbprint Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eye of Newt Halloween Wands from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Brownie Pudding Parfait from Desserts Required
- Halloween No Bake Cheesecake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Dipped Ice Cream Cones from West Via Midwest
- Pumpkin Soup with Savory Spices and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Nancie’s Table
- Halloween Stuffed Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Death by Chocolate Dessert Ball from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Jack o Lantern Bundt Cake from The Redhead Baker
- Frankenstein Cupcake Cake from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Truffle Pumpkin Spider Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Spooky Sprinkled Brownies from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Candy Charcuterie Board from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Buttermilk Pancakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Sugar Skull Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Mummy Meringue Pops from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Hidden Bat Loaf Cat from Savory Moments
- Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Corn Chip Dessert Bars from Intelligent Domestications
- Oogie Boogie Meringue Cupcakes from A Blender Mom
- Smores Ghost Brownies from Books n’ Cooks
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.