This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Mexican Street Corn Rice is inspired by the great flavor of Mexican Elotes aka Mexican Street Corn! A great side dish or an entire meal when you add a protein!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
I’ve been in love with Mexican Street corn for years and a few years ago I started making Mexican Street Corn Dip. This recipe is a combination of my love of Mexican Elotes and Jasmine rice!
Why You Should Make this Mexican Street Corn Rice…
- takes less then 15 minutes to make
- intensity of flavor can be adjusted by adding more or less seasoning
- great side dish
- can be made into an entire meal by adding cooked chicken
QUICK GLANCE AT INGREDIENTS for Mexican Street Corn Rice :
- Jasmine Ready Rice
- No Salt Added Corn
- Cotija Cheese
- Traders Joes Everything but the Elote Seasoning
(AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
How to make Mexican Street Corn Rice :
Heat rice according to package directions and then pour into a large bowl.
Drain corn and add to bowl.
Stir in mayo and seasoning.
Sprinkle in Cotija Cheese and stir
Frequently Asked Questions
Nope! We just love Jasmine rice and I used the “Ready Rice” to make this recipe super quick.
We don’t have a Traders Joes near us so I try to grab a bottle when we go out of time or I order it online. You can also make a homemade version using this recipe from JulieBlanner.com
This is such an easy recipe to make before a meal. I did make it and try to reheat it the next day to test it and in my opinion I don’t think that this taste good when it’s reheated because the oil separates from the mayo when reheated.
More Rice Recipes
Mexican Street Corn Rice
- 2 (8.5 ounce) bags Jasmine Ready Rice
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) No Salt Added Corn
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 5 ounces crumbles Cotija Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Traders Joes Everything but the Elote Seasoning
- Heat rice according to package directions and then pour into a large bowl.
- Drain corn and add to bowl.
- Stir in mayo and seasoning.
- Sprinkle in Cotija Cheese and stir
- Serve warm
- The Traders Joes "Everything but the Elote Seasoning" is a combination of Chile Pepper, Parmesan Cheese, Chipotle Powder, Cumin, Cilantro and Sea Salt
- Best if served when made, does not reheat well in my opinion.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Love the recipes that you’re finding here but worried about misplacing them? Sign up for my newsletter above for new recipes every week OR make sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest account so it’s always easy to find!
Love it? Pin it!